The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in London is looking for students interested in joining the Embassy’s Internship Program to gain valuable experience in IR. The main purpose of the Internship Program is to provide the interns with the opportunity of working in a foreign affairs arena while the Embassy benefits from the Intern’s contributions.
The internship position is available across a range of disciplines related to the work of the Embassy, and the interns are expected to work closely with Afghan diplomats.
Working in an Embassy is a privilege that few people get to experience, so take advantage of this opportunity to learn first-hand how the various sections of the Embassy operate.
- Internships are open to applicants regardless their citizenship or nationality.
- Internship programs are designed for undergraduate, postgraduate students or recent graduates.
- The Embassy of Afghanistan will not offer Certificate of Sponsorship for foreign internship applicants that require employment visa.
- Applicants must be fluent in English (knowledge of Pashto, Dari and other languages will be an additional asset).
- Must have strong research and writing skills.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Ability to work in groups and independently.
- Have an excellent understanding of information programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Office, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook) and presentation software.
- Be prompt and responsible, comply with the mutually established work schedule.
- Comply with the instructions given by superiors and colleagues.
- Keep confidential all information, including documentation that is accessible and conversations that you may hear. For this purpose, the intern must sign under “Confidentiality Obligations”.
Application and selection process
The selection process is competitive with a limited number of positions available.
Please complete the Internship Application form with your most recent CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org