A Power of Attorney (POA) is a legal document issued by the Embassy of Afghanistan in London to those who wish to appoint a representative to pursue their legal case on their behalf in Afghanistan. Power of Attorney can be issued based on the needs and requests of the applicants but most common are as follow:
- POA for Property (Selling, Buying, Mortgage or etc)
- POA for Marriage Certificate
- POA for Business Relations
- Termination of Power of Attorney
- Inheritance Letter
- Death Certificate
Property Related POA
In the event of someone cannot travel to Afghanistan and to facilitate in pursuing their legal matter related to property, the Afghanistan Legal Law allows someone to appoint an attorney to present him in all the legal and administrative processes within Afghanistan. If the property is inheritance related, then the applicants are required to prepare Inheritance Letter (وراثت خط) before applying for Power of Attorney.
How to Apply
- Come along with 2 male witnesses
- Prepare the required documents
- Book an appointment online
- Be present at your appointment with all the required documents as well as the witnesses
What documents you need to apply
- Copy of passport or tazkera of the client
- Copy of passport or tazkera of the representative in Afghanistan
- Copy of passport or tazkera of the 2 witnesses
- Proof of address in the UK of the client and 2 witnesses
- Passport size photos of the client and 2 witnesses
- Copy of the legal document such as a deed ‘Qawala’
- Formal letter of request ‘Areeza’ clearly stating what the POA is for and what authority is given to the representative.
- Duly filled and signed application form
£150.00 (We do not accept cash payments- CARD ONLY)
- Same day Service
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 207 584 4443
Once your appointment is confirmed you can send in the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for a draft POA to be prepared. This will help reduce your wait time at the consulate which normally can take up to 2 hours.
After the application is submitted, a draft POA will be handed over to the client for review. It is the applicant’s responsibility to check and confirm the content of the prepared POA before signing it. The fee paid is non-refundable. Should any changes need to be brought to the content of the document, a new POA must be applied for and a new fee applies.
- Can the embassy give me a marriage certificate?
The embassy does NOT issue documents such as a Marriage Certificate. We only issue a POA where the applicant can legally appoint a representative in Afghanistan who can then apply for a marriage certificate on the client’s behalf.
- What is the next step once the POA is issued?
Once the POA document is received by the client’s representative in Afghanistan, he/she will then need to visit the Department of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul to certify the POA document.
- Can I come without an appointment?
No, as a POA takes at least 2 hours to prepare, appointments are a must. Please make sure you and your 2 witnesses arrive for your POA appointment on time.
- Can I apply with some of the required documents and send the documents I am missing after my appointment?
No, all required documents must be submitted before a POA can be issued. This is to ensure that all the Information in the POA is correct.
- Whom can I bring as witnesses?
Any 2 male witnesses who are AFGHAN and/or MUSLIM will be accepted. They must bring copies of their documents: passport/tazkera copy, proof of address and 1 passport size photo. Afghan nationals who hold dual nationality can submit copies of their foreign passports as proof of identity instead of Tazkera or Afghan passport. Witnesses must be present with the client at the time of signing of the POA.
- Can I or my witnesses come at separate times?
No, both the applicant and the witnesses must be present to sign the document before a POA can be issued.
- Can an embassy staff be my witness?
No, Embassy staff are not allowed to be your witness.
For further queries, please send us email to: email@example.com